- About Us
- Our People
- News / Careers
- Contact Us
- Employee Resources
Environmental Health & Safety Project ScientistStart Date: 07/01/2017Location: Farmington, CT
HRP Associates, Inc., is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Project Scientist to join our growing EHS Multimedia Compliance Team in our Farmington, CT office. This role will provide technical assistance on EHS compliance projects, EHS management systems and compliance assurance programs for a wide range of manufacturing, utility and industrial clients. This is an excellent career opportunity for a self motivated yet team oriented individual to work with an experienced consulting team on a wide variety of projects.
- Develop, manage, and implement environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients.
- Perform EHS compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage and develop plans, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Manage and develop OSHA Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs and associated training.
- Provide on-site compliance support at client facilities.
- Mentor junior staff and build strong collaborative relationships with HRP employees.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related fields.
- At least five to seven years of EHS experience in a professional consulting and/or industrial environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with state and federal environmental health and safety regulatory programs including the Clean Air Act, RCRA, Clean Water Act, EPCRA, DOT, OSHA etc.
- Working knowledge of NFPA and ANSI Standards.
- Experience conducting air and noise sampling (i.e. personal air sampling, IAQ, Noise mapping, audiodosimetry, etc)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience writing technical reports.
- Experience auditing and/or evaluating compliance, preparing routine environmental reports, Form R, Tier II and other routine regulatory reporting.