- About Us
- Our People
- News / Careers
- Contact Us
- Employee Resources
Emerging ContaminantsJob Type: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM (EST)Start Date: 07/27/2017Location: Online at GoToWebinar
You know that expression “there’s nothing new under the sun”?
– well, that might not always be true.
Several man-made contaminants, including most notably Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOAs) and Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOSs), are catching headlines as newly discovered threats to human health and the environment. This has been most evident in a discussion of municipal drinking water supplies. Some of the compounds have been determined by EPA and State regulatory agencies to be harmful in the part per trillion range. The regulatory and consulting sectors are working hard to fully understand the threat posed by these ubiquitous chemicals, which will have a direct effect on landowners and businesses, alike.
During this webinar we will discuss and explore the following topics:
- What are “Emerging Contaminants,” and why are they on the radar?
- What is being done about Emerging Contaminants by regulatory agencies?
- Why are Emerging Contaminants a concern for your business?
- How can Emerging Contaminants be considered and analyzed by your business from a risk perspective?
- What are the next steps in investigating and/or assessing your business’s risk?
Mark E. Wright, CSP, CHMM - HRP Associates, Inc.
Michael J. Hecker, Esq. - Hodgson Russ LLP
Thursday, July 27, 2017
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM (EST)