Project and Senior Project Geologists, Scientists and EngineersStart Date: 04/15/2020Location: Clifton Park, NY
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking Project and Senior Project Geologists, Scientists and Engineers with 0 to 15 years’ experience to support our team in Clifton Park, NY. This candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting initiatives related to a portfolio of projects under the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s (NYSDEC’s) Standby Engineering Contract. This could include performing file reviews, site assessments, soils and groundwater delineation, and site remediation across widely varied conditions, and within a broad geographical area. In addition, the successful candidate will support office growth with respect to existing and prospective clients within New York, including but not limited to State brownfields, Office of General Services (OGS) remediation and tank design projects, as well as private and municipal clients. The objective is to be part of a growing team, strengthening and expanding HRP’s expertise and influence within New York State.
Responsibilities will include (depending on experience level & position):
- Field team supervision
- Subcontractor oversight
- Environmental data management
- Site assessments
- Conceptual site model development
- Remediation design and implementation
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report and proposal preparation
- Budget development
- Client and stakeholder interaction
- Report preparation
- Staff mentoring
- Other duties as assigned
Work experience and knowledge to include (depending on experience level & position):
- Multi-media field sampling and logging techniques
- Oversight and management of subcontractors
- Monitoring well design and installation
- Geospatial data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of regulatory framework in the Northeast
- Environmental site assessments (Phase I/II/III)
- Due Diligence support
- Site construction oversight and management
- Report preparation and an aptitude for technical writing
- Groundwater/soil remediation technologies relative to chlorinated solvent, petroleum hydrocarbon, emerging contaminants, and Manufactured Gas Plant sites.
- Consulting experience
- Has PE and/or PG or interested in attaining professional licensure(s)
- GIS skills
- General or working knowledge of NYSDEC assessment, investigation, remedial programs, state and federal funding mechanisms.
We are looking for creative, results driven individuals with strong backgrounds in environmental science, hydrogeology, geochemistry, geology or related fields.
Applicants need to be capable of working both independently and in a team setting that is fully supportive of our clients, as well as other employees.
Travel up to 50% of the time may be required. Travel would primarily be in NY and NJ, but could extend to out-of-state areas as needed.
Candidates should possess a BS and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. This is an opportunity for self-motivated professionals interested in a career in a fast-paced and flexible work environment.