Project GeologistStart Date: 03/25/2019Location: Stratford, CT
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking a Project Geologist with 0-4 years’ experience to join our growing office in Stratford, CT. A variety of challenging assignments will be offered to successful candidates, including the design and execution of hydrogeological investigations, remedial actions, and environmental assessments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Field team supervision
- Environmental data management
- GIS product development
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report and proposal preparation
- Budget development
- Client interaction
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for creative, results driven individuals with strong backgrounds in environmental science, hydrogeology, geochemistry, geology or related fields.
Work experience and knowledge to include:
- Multi-media field sampling techniques
- Oversight and management of subcontractors
- Monitoring well installation
- Geospatial data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of regulatory framework in the Northeast (Region IV EPA, SCDHEC, NCDEQ, GAEPD, FLDEP TDEC)
- Environmental site assessments (Phase I/II)
- Due Diligence
- Site groundwater/soil remediation technologies
- 40-hr OSHA trained
- Experience with environmental field work
- Report preparations and technical writing
- Phase I ESAs
- Directing drillers
- Soil logging
- Consulting experience
- Strong GIS skills are a plus
Applicants need to be capable of working both independently and in a team setting that is fully supportive of our clients, as well as other employees.
Travel up to 25% of the time may be required. Travel would primarily be in CT, but could extend to out-of-state areas as needed.
Candidates should possess a BS and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. This is an opportunity for self-motivated professionals interested in a career in a fast-paced and flexible work environment.