Project ScientistStart Date: 05/16/2019Location: Farmington, CT
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking a Project Scientist with 0-5 years’ experience to join our team in Farmington, CT. A variety of challenging assignments will be offered to successful candidates, including the design and execution of hydrogeological investigations, remedial actions, and environmental assessments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Field team supervision
- Environmental data management
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report and proposal preparation
- Budget development
- Client interaction
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for creative, results driven individuals with strong backgrounds in environmental science, engineering, hydrogeology, geochemistry, geology or related fields.
Work experience and knowledge to include:
- Multi-media field sampling and logging techniques
- Oversight and management of subcontractors
- Monitoring well installation
- Geospatial data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of regulatory framework in the Northeast (Region I and III EPA, CTDEEP, NYSDEC, MADEP, NJDEP)
- Environmental site assessments (Phase I/II/III)
- Due Diligence
- Report preparation and an aptitude for technical writing
- Groundwater/soil remediation technologies
- Consulting experience
- Interest in attaining professional licensure(s)
Applicants need to be capable of working both independently and in a team setting that is fully supportive of our clients, as well as other employees.
Travel up to 25% of the time may be required. Travel would primarily be in CT, but could extend to out-of-state areas as needed.
Candidates should possess a BS and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. This is an opportunity for self-motivated professionals interested in a career in a fast-paced and flexible work environment.