- About Us
- Our People
- News / Careers
- Contact Us
- Employee Resources
Project ManagerStart Date: 07/24/2018Location: Farmington & Stratford, CT
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Compliance Project Manager to join our growing EHS Multimedia Compliance Team in our Farmington and Stratford, CT offices. This role will provide oversight, management and technical assistance on EHS compliance projects, EHS management systems and compliance assurance programs for a wide range of manufacturing, utility, federal, state, and industrial clients. This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated yet team oriented individual to work with an experienced consulting team on a wide variety of projects, as well as developing existing clients through business development, and also new business development through marketing and sales opportunities. Management opportunities of staffs from 2-5 is to be expected, and experience in this scenario is beneficial.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage a staff of 2-5 senior and junior level compliance employees with the background of engineering, safety, and the sciences;
- Develop, manage, and implement environmental management systems and efficiency audits and programs for corporate clients;
- Ability to manage multiple clients in a variety of opportunities;
- Perform EHS compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations;
- Air permitting and compliance management and ability to complete advanced permitting;
- Manage and develop plans, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater;
- Manage and develop OSHA Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs and associated training;
- Provide management of staff whom would be performing on-site compliance support at client facilities;
- Mentor junior staff and build strong collaborative relationships with HRP employees;
- Proposal generation and tracking
- Management of accounts and monthly billing memos;
- Opportunities for the generation of white papers and speaking engagements to promote company
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Environmental/Civil/Chemical/Safety/Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related fields.
- 5-10 years of EHS/Engineering experience in a professional consulting and/or industrial environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with state and federal environmental health and safety regulatory programs including the Clean Air Act, RCRA, Clean Water Act, EPCRA, DOT, OSHA etc.
- Experience in management and mentoring development of staff;
- Experience in budgeting, invoicing, and accounting function expected of a project manager;
- Experience in working with vendors and subcontractors;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience writing technical reports.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus