- About Us
- Our People
- News / Careers
- Contact Us
- Employee Resources
Project Engineer - Civil, EITStart Date: 02/12/2019Location: Farmington, CT
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer with 5+ years of Civil Engineering experience to add to our team in Farmington, CT! The Project Engineer is responsible for completing assigned projects with senior level supervision, working with Senior Project Engineers on multi-faceted projects and working on core competencies for further development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare technical reports and designs under the supervision of Senior Project Engineers and Managers
- Prepare contract plans and technical specifications under the supervision of Senior Managers
- Interact, schedule, and supervise subcontractors
- Communicate professionally with private clients, municipalities and State regulators
- Working knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations and guidelines governing assigned work responsibilities
- Ability to interact with colleagues and peers from Farmington and HRP’s regional offices, other disciplines, vendors, sub-consultants, or joint ventures in collaborative work environments
- Perform field work and conduct field inspections
- Assist senior engineers in activities which include:
- Proposal preparation
- Regulatory review
- RFP preparation
- Project design, permitting and cost estimating
- Continuously improve to maximize efficiency and expand HRP services and bring value to our clients
- BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Must have 4 to 6 years’ experience in Engineering practice.
- EIT or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) required.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) or ability to secure a CT (PE) within one year of employment.
SEEKING EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Demonstrated ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Planning, design, permitting and construction phase services for site development and remediation projects.
- Detailed design and preparation of civil/site construction plans, specifications, and cost opinions including site layout and grading, horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway cross sections, drainage plans and stormwater calculations, and utility design
- Design of environmental controls and site remediation for impacted sites
- Preparation of technical specifications and cost estimates
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations/programs relating to project permitting