- About Us
- Our People
- News / Careers
- Contact Us
- Employee Resources
Project Engineer, P.E.Start Date: 03/07/2019Location: Farmington, CT
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer, P.E., with 7+ years of Civil Engineering experience to add to our growing team in Farmington, CT! The Project Engineer is responsible for completing assigned projects, working with Project Managers on multi-faceted projects and working on core competencies for further development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare technical reports and designs
- Prepare contract plans and technical specifications
- Interact, schedule, and supervise subcontractors
- Communicate professionally with private clients, municipalities and State regulators
- Working knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations and guidelines governing assigned work responsibilities
- Ability to interact with colleagues and peers from Farmington and HRP’s regional offices, other disciplines, vendors, sub-consultants, or joint ventures in collaborative work environments
- Perform field work and conduct field inspections
- Assist senior engineers in activities which include:
- Proposal preparation
- Regulatory review
- RFP preparation
- Project design, permitting and cost estimating
- Continuously improve to maximize efficiency and expand HRP services and bring value to our clients
- BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in Engineering practice.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) or ability to secure a CT (PE) within one year of employment.
SEEKING EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Demonstrated ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Planning, design, permitting and construction phase services for site development and remediation projects.
- Detailed design and preparation of civil/site construction plans, specifications, and cost opinions including site layout and grading, horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway cross sections, drainage plans and stormwater calculations, and utility design
- Design of environmental controls and site remediation for impacted sites
- Preparation of technical specifications and cost estimates
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations/programs relating to project permitting